Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

crochet bebe banket


So my lovely cousin Fiona has had her precious baby girl!!! I am so excited. Don't miracle babies just make everything great in the world.

Our grandparents passed away recently and we are a super close family so it was a big loss to us. I knew i wanted to make something really special for Fiona and the baby that could be a reminder of them also.

Then it came to me. Granny and Grandad were big spinners. They would dye all their own wool and spin it. I had a bit already and my Mum gave me what she had and i crocheted up this baby blanket.

I am so pleased with how it turned out and will be not only something really special as the homespun wool came from them but also super useful in the cold winters of the South Island.

It will be winging it's way to the South Island 2moro, yay for miracle babies...and crochet


I just love all the yummy homespun tones on this wool


My little scalloped edges


The underside, I crocheted the edges together


I washed it in wool fabric softener to really soften it up, it came up so well and smells great.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing! What a special gift it is, too. I love grandparents' home-spun wool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I know a lot of people having babies soon, I really need to get busy and start back on the crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea, the blanket looks great and i am sure it will be treasured:)

    ReplyDelete