Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

Anchor Me

So my 10yr old daughter has a great sense of style. Always has. I remember going into a shop with her when she was only about 3.5 and her getting belts and handbags she thought would go with the clothes I was buying. She always got it right.

We picked up these awesome high tops from cotton on the other day and I thought it would be cool to customise them. After a quick convo she decided on anchors, how styley is she :) So after picking out a cool colour thread and working out the size of the anchor we were off.

Here's a simple how to customise your own.

Mim

Start with your high top :)


Draw an outline of your chosen design onto your shoe with pencil. It's always a good idea to have a practice first on a piece of paper to make sure you get it just right.

Carefully stitch in your design following the pencil outline as a guide.


There we have it!!!! The finished product, that wasn't so hard was it :)


Once we finished we decided to put in some cool pink laces we had which I think really makes them look awesome.

The finished product and the happy customer.

2 comments:

  1. This is SUPER-cute...and actually within my capabilities (a rare find amongst all of you people, you know...seamstresses and crocheters and the like! ;) Love the final shot with them on, to boot (pun intended...I know it's awful, but it's late!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee, it is such a simple DIY and I like you sometimes become overwhelmed with peoples amazing skills :)
      mim

      Delete